Get Help Now!
The road to recovery starts here! Trusted, confidential help available 24/7. Speak with an addiction treatment specialist anytime. Please call us now at 800-815-3910!
10 Signs You May be Chemically Dependent to a drug.
by Ned Wicker
Steve Arterburn has the top ten signs of chemical dependence. If you are looking for treatment for a chemical dependence please visit this website: http://www.newlife.com for more information about chemical addiction.
You or your loved one may not have all of these symptoms but if they are a good characterization of the situation then you/your loved on may have a problem. As you review this list you must be completely honest with yourself, often people minimize their drug or alcohol use:
1. You’ve had a drink or used drugs first thing in the morning to steady your nerves.
2. You have tried to stop or felt the need to stop. While you are successful for a short period of time, you always return to the same levels of consumption.
3. You’ve lied to family members and friends about the frequency or extent of your drinking or "using."
4. You keep a personal supply or "stash" of alcohol or drugs so it is a available when you need it.
5. You’ve withdrawn from your normal circle of friends and family.
6. It takes more alcohol or drugs than it used to, to relax or stimulate you.
7. You have memory "blackouts" or periods of time you can’t account for.
8. Your work or school performance has begun to decline and you have missed some days because of drinking or using.
9. You’re having difficulty participating in any of your old hobbies, sports or other activities that you used enjoy time.
10. You feel uncomfortable talking about your drinking or drug use. The reality is, though, you will NEED to open up if you want to get well.
If five or more of these are present then it is likely that you are chemically dependent on the drug. Detox treatment will probably be required to allow you to move into addiction recovery and most of the other symptoms of addiction are likely to be present.
If most of these addiction signs are generally present then there is likely that there is chemical addiction.
Click here to post comments
Do you have a question or story? It's easy to ask your question or submit your story. How? Simply click here to return to Drug Addiction Symptoms.
and Finally Remember:
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."
- Matthew 7:7-8
Apr 27, 17 09:13 AM
My husband now has a serious cocaine addiction that makes him absent from family life but functioning. My children think he is stressed and in ill health.
Apr 26, 17 08:39 AM
How do I start the process of getting my brother, who is very badly addicted to Oxycodone sectioned? He has been badly addicted to Oxycodone among other
Apr 25, 17 08:27 AM
I have called the phone number that is listed only to be hung up on. Am i reaching the correct ph 800 815 3910? I live w a drug user who is 49 yrs
Follow on Twitter or Google+