Free drug addiction help texas?

My brother is 27 years old and a heavy drug addict recently he has become violent with my mother. I don’t know what to do. he smokes crack and marijuana and God knows what else. What can i do to get help for him?

He is in Control

by: Ned Wicker

Your brother is in trouble, as violence towards his own mother is a sure sign that his life out of control and he is heading for great difficulty. I’d suggest calling a family meeting, without your brother, to discuss the situation.

Obviously your mom needs support and she needs to be protected. Your brother will deny any wrong doing, any addiction and probably go into a rage, blaming it all on you and the family.

Getting him into treatment is going to be difficult, so you will need a family plan to get that done. Treatment centers offer all kinds of counsel on this. Also, Al-anon is an organization designed to help families of addicts, so do not hesitate to give them a call.

Here’s the rub, if he is violent and a threat to others, you’re entering into a public safety issue. Let’s say his addiction persists and he is raising hell. You may have to turn to law enforcement and have him arrested. You see, as it stands now, there are probably no consequences at all for his actions. He does what he wants, when he wants and where he wants.

Nobody says “no” to him because he’ll get mad. Well, it’s time to say no. There has to be some limitations put on him and he has to follow the family rules. Decide what the consequences are and stick to them.

You can call a drug treatment center and explore your options. Your family doctor might also have some recommendations.

Similar Posts