Help in Kanas City

by Anesha

I am ready to end a 4 year relationship with a man who has mental/alcohol/drug problems (I only started finding out about this a year and a half into our relationship).

I need to know where to find support/counseling in the Kansas City, Kansas area.

Support is Available

by: Ned Wicker


You might want to try Al-Anon first. The members of that organization are people just like you, who reach out to those who don’t know exactly what to do, or are in need of support.

There are Al-Anon chapters everywhere go to their website and you should be able to find one.
I also recommend you call your doctor or a drug treatment center in your area fora referral they can be VERY helpful.

Help in Kansas City

by: Lynette

Dear Anesha,

I am so glad you are looking for help. There is a lot of help out there. My son has been a drug addict for 13 years. I go to Al Anon meetings and they have helped me more that I can express! Also, I see a counselor, talk to my minister and see a physician’s assistant.

I am also glad that you are ending the relationship and I’ll pray for you. I know it is a hard thing to do but you have to think of yourself and take care of yourself. It is very hard when the addict is you son but I am working hard on the Al Anon principles: Turn everything over to your higher power (to me the most important), take care of myself, detach from the addict, do not enable them, etc., and I find they really work. Also, it helps to meeting others who have the same or similar problems. As an addict in recovery can do, we can also have relapses in doing the right thing, but, then we just have to step back and see where we went wrong, and work on that and pray, I believe.
Good luck and I’ll say a prayer for you-Lynette

Similar Posts