17 year old son needs help?

by Wasantha


My 17 year old son has become a drug addict and we desperately need some help to get him out of this.

All institutions that we have contacted so far treat only those who are over 17 and
my son does not qualify for this.

We cannot wait until he turns 18 and watch him die and we really need some help from someone out there.

Could you please tell us where we can get this help?

Joe will contact you

by: Debbie Wicker

We’ve asked Joe Herzanek from Changing Lives Foundation to contact you to see if we can help.

17 year old…

by: Lynette


Hi- I’m not a professional-just a mother who has dealt with her son’s drug and alcohol addiction for 13 years.

I would recommend that you speak to a medical doctor who may be able to steer you in the right direction. I know that some hospitals also have detox units – at our hospital you have to go through the ER to get put into it.

Your son could also go to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings (they talk about drug addiction, too), if he is willing. Someone there may be able to help him find a facility. Either way, it is great to go to a meeting and meet others in the same or similar situation as he is.

Also, YOU could go to Al Anon meetings. They are for friends and families of alcoholics and drug addicts and I find them extremely helpful. Again, you meet others like yourself and they are so supportive.

I am glad that you are seeking help and I wish you luck and I will pray for you and your son. Get as much support as you can – I do.-Lynette

Similar Posts