Ex-husband needs HELP?

by Lela

My ex husband is an alcoholic and he is losing his mind he needs help and asked me to help him.

I don’t know what to do but try to find some kind of treatment?

Can you please help me. I sent my phone number via email, thank you!


by: Lynette


Hi Lela-

I am a recovering alcoholic and my son has had a lot of struggles with substance abuse.

I highly recommend that your ex-husband attend either an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting or a Narcotics Anonymous meeting. You can find them on the internet. There, he will meet others in the same or similar situation as himself.

I attend Al Anon meetings, which is for friends and families of alcoholics and drug addicts. It helps me immensely. I also see a counselor, talk to my minister and see my physician’s assistant.

You need to get some support for yourself, I believe, so that you can understand the addiction and also meet others like yourself.

Your ex-husband could start by talking to a medical doctor. That is what I did when I was trying to stop drinking and it helped a lot. Also, some hospitals have detox units so you could check with them. Also, there are drug and alcohol counselors he could see.

Best wishes and I will say a prayer for both of you.-Lynette

So sorry for your ex-husband

by: Debbie Wicker

We will try to have someone call you as soon as possible. I would also call you local doctor and hospital for a referral as well.

Similar Posts