Father needs care?

by Maly

I don’t know where to start, I need to find out about how to sponsor my father over seas with pre-existing condition to US for medical care and treatment.

He is 70 yrs old – living in Laos. He is heavily addicted to opium to control the pain from other illnesses. The health service over there is not the best.

Is there an organization you know of that I can go to for help in sponsoring my father for medical care.

Difficult Task

by: Ned Wicker

Dear Maly,

If you have the financial wherewithal, you can bring your father over on a visitor’s visa and arrange for drug treatment while he is here. Unless a person has insurance or the money, drug treatment is a difficult task to arrange.

Have you spoken with the Laotian Embassy? There may be a way to clear some of the administrative red tape and bring your father in for humanitarian reasons. But again, that will depend on your being financially responsible for him.

Perhaps Al-anon could help. I am sure this situation, in one form or another, has been experienced by their members.

Similar Posts