I need advice?

by Jyotika

(New Zealand)

My boyfriend’s brother and his girlfriend are “P” addicts and now that she is a few weeks pregnant, they are wanting to keep the baby.

I do not think this is a good idea but everybody is telling me to mind my own business. How could I when I am studying towards early childhood education and childrens’ health is my main concern?

I need advise!!

Tough Love

by: Ned Wicker

You are in a difficult spot and it is no surprise that they would tell you to “mind your own business,” but we both know that isn’t in the best interest of the unborn child.

Your boyfriend’s brother and his girlfriend are foolish, irresponsible and most of all they don’t know what they don’t know. Ignorance is not bliss, it’s deadly.

Your boyfriend needs to step up, as a family member, and help his brother. His brother, in turn, can influence his girlfriend. Her family, likewise, needs to be in the plan. Both of them need treatment.

They will most likely harm their baby in ways unimaginable. If your boyfriend condones the drug use and refuses to act, maybe you are in the wrong relationship.

Get some professional support. You need a plan of action. You need to organize both of the families and get them to apply pressure on these two to get the help they need.

You might consult a doctor, a local drug treatment center, Al-Anon or others.

I need advice?

by: Lynette


Dear Jyotika-

I totally agree with Ned. I really think that you should go to an Al Anon meeting which are for families and friends of alcoholics (we talk about drug abuse, also).

There you will meet people who can relate to what is going on in your life and can help you. The meetings have helped me immensely, as my son has been a drug addict for 13 years.

Also, a medical doctor should be able to steer you in the right direction, too.

Forget minding your own business, especially since there is a baby involved. I also recommend praying for guidance.

Good luck and I’ll say a prayer for you.-Lynette

Similar Posts