Comments for Alcoholic violent ex scares me

Alcoholic violent ex scares me

by: Lynette


Hi-I am sorry to hear about your terrible predicament.

It sounds to me like you should see a lawyer. If you cannot afford one you should be able to get a public defender but you may have to go through the police department to do that – I don’t know.

I think that if you would go to an Al Anon meeting (for family and friends of alcoholics and drug addicts) it would help you. There you will meet others in the same or similar circumstances as yourself. I go to the meetings and they help me immensely.

Fortunately, I have never had to deal with someone violent. However, my son who is a drug addict has driven while under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The law considers the car a weapon when someone does that. He is now in jail, and it is not the first time. He is saying he is sick of that lifestyle and does seem to be taking some good steps. Every day I give my day to God and I pray for him, also.

As you probably are, I am heartbroken over the whole situation. However, through Al Anon and other support that I get I have learned that I have to take care of myself. I also see a counselor, talk to my clergy and see a physician’s assistant. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I think you really need to get some support for yourself.

Best wishes and I will be praying for you-Lynette

Stop the insanity now

by: Anonymous

Dear Scared,
Your ex is the reason we have 911. Let him know you plan to use it and then do SO when necessary.

Best, Joe

Similar Posts