Comments for My brother is addicted to Opiates

Get a Referral

by: Ned Wicker

Your sister in-law is on the right track. She is thinking about an intervention, and that begins with a conversation with a health care professional.

She could get a referral from her doctor, or a local hospital. An interventionist will gather the family together and have a preliminary strategy meeting, to make absolutely sure all of you are on the same page.

The family needs to stay together, as one weak link, one enabler in the bunch, can turn an otherwise successful intervention into a failure.

I agree with the intervention strategy, so please encourage her to pursue that angle. There is hope for your brother, whom I am sure really wants to be a good husband and father.

Not being from the Baltimore area, it?s difficult to make any kind of a treatment center recommendation.

Similar Posts